September 14, 2019 (rain or shine)
We are so excited to announce our return for a second year of fun at the wonderful venue of the Finger Lakes Museum and Aquarium in Branchport, NY. With your help, we hope to make our 2019 event even bigger and better!
Once again, any and all proceeds will be donated directly to Keuka Comfort Care Home to help them meet their mission of providing compassionate end-of-life care to terminally ill people and their families.
For 2019, our goal is to more than DOUBLE the participation at last year’s inaugural event. To accomplish this, we will build from the foundational elements our charter participants found most memorable in 2018. These include:
- the 10K Walk/Run, using the same USATF-certified out and back course, with its gently rolling hills, verdant farm fields and Finger Lakes beauty on full display,
- our energetic on-course support volunteers providing safety, hydration and an abundance of encouragement,
- mood-setting start/finish-line musical entertainment
- an opportunity to dedicate your run in memory of a loved one by placing a ribbon in their honor on the Memorial Tree planted last year, and
- access to a range of post-race refreshments, including those marvelous Shaka Shave icy delights!
- generous race swag, including a medal for all finishers and a free mug for the first 200 registrants.
From there, we’re taking the important step of broadening access to the day by adding a 5K Walk/Run and a Kid’s Fun Event to the race card! The 5K will start together with the 10K and, using the same start/finish line, be out and back over the first half of the 10K course. The Kid’s Fun Event will be free of charge and include some combination of an on-site run/obstacle course/nature scavenger hunt to be held during the 10K and 5K races. Watch for more Kid’s Fun Event details as the time draws closer.
Now, here’s where we ask for your help. Please sign up now and come join the fun, and get your family members and friends to do the same! Runners and walkers of all ages are welcome (with the expectation that children under 12 will be accompanied by a parent or guardian). If children are not old enough to run for themselves, feel free to bring along a stroller. Also, while we love our furry friends, they can not be accommodated on the race course.
It’s happening rain or shine! Regardless, we promise to do our part to deliver another memorable late summer event here in our part of the Finger Lakes region!
Course timing closes at 10:30 am. (19 min/mile pace for 10K)
10K & 5K***
By 5/15/19* $35
7/15/19- 9/11/19** $45
Race Day $50
* Please take special notice of this Early-Bird sign-up pricing!
**After 9/11/2019 registration is accepted in person at Keuka Comfort Care Home, 35 Route 54 East Lake Rd Penn Yan, NY 14527 or on Race Day at the race venue. Refunds are not allowed for this race.
***Anyone less than 21 years of age on 9/14/19 will get Early-Bird Pricing regardless of registration date.
No charge for the Kid’s Fun Event.
- Medal to all 5K/10K finishers
- Free mug to first 200 registrants of 5K/10K
- Beenies (wooly caps) for all participants registered for 5K or 10K by 8/15/19 (after that date there is no guarantee)
- Surprise for participants of Kid’s Event
- Professional Chip Timing by Falcon Race Timing
- 10K Course certified to be accurate by USATF (5K not certified)
- First aid, hydration and comfort stations along 5K/10K course routes
- Post-Race Refreshments (One Shaka Shave ice treat free to all participants with bib)
Parking: Ample on-site parking available. Use entrance on Guyanoga Road. Volunteer parking attendants will provide guidance from there.
Packet Pickup and Registration:
Location: Finger Lakes Museum & Aquarium
3369 Guyanoga Rd
Branchport, NY 14418
Directions: Finger Lakes Museum & Aquarium
Friday (9/13) from 4pm – 6pm and Race Day (9/14) from 7:00am – 8:15am
Only cash or check is accepted for Day of Race registration.
- Winners will be posted near the finish line
- Overall Male and Female winner for both 10K and 5K
- Top males and females in the following age brackets (up to 15, 16 – 19, 20 – 29, 30 – 39, 40 – 49, 50 – 59, 60 – 69, 70+) for both 10K and 5K
- Awards must be picked up on race day
To Register by mail, please >> click here << to download and print the registration form.
This is a 6.22 mi route in Penn Yan, NY, United States. The route has a total ascent of 182.85 ft and has a maximum elevation of 803.97 ft.
For more information, contact the Race Director at email@example.com