Requesting admission is a simple process. The first step is to call our Director, Donna Nielsen, at (315) 536-1690.
Requests can be made by potential residents and their families, social workers, hospital discharge planners, doctor or friends.
If a bed is available and the potential resident meets admission criteria, arrangements will be made to meet the potential resident as soon as possible.
General Admission Criteria
- Diagnosis of Terminal Illness with no expectation of recovery
- Prognosis of three months or less
- Understanding that no life sustaining measures will be implemented
- Private physician coverage
- Association with a Certified Hospice Agency
- Understanding that Keuka Comfort Care Home is primarily staffed with volunteers
- Must be able to be safely managed by trained staff and volunteers
- No extraordinary care needs
Admission is determined by immediate need.
The goal of Keuka Comfort Care Home is to provide excellent care to the dying in a home-like setting while respecting their individual needs and maintaining their dignity until death.
There is no cost to the resident or their family.