Title: Job Description
Subject: Volunteer Coordinator
This is a part time hourly position requiring a flexible work schedule to meet the needs of the residents, their families and the Home. Thirty (30) hours per week are anticipated. Reports to the Director.
- Knowledge of hospice philosophy, palliative care principles and basic requirements for health and hygiene. Computer and basic bookkeeping skills. Writing and composition ability. Knowledge of available community resources. Valid New York State driver’s license
- A team player who can interact in a professional manner with agency personnel, staff, volunteers, residents and families. Able to prioritize tasks and work independently. Must be approachable, compassionate and respect the confidentiality of the residents.
- Recruit, interview, accept, train and orient volunteer caregivers in conjunction with the Director.
- Develop and maintain an adequate base of volunteer caregivers to maintain full, efficient coverage.
- Schedule volunteers and Per Diem care providers for shifts.
- Maintain records on all volunteer caregivers.
- application; signed confidentiality & sexual abuse policies; background check; references
- Planning and implementation of volunteer caregiver education, mentoring and shadowing.
- Planning and implementation of volunteer caregiver continuing education.
- Function in any capacity needed (e.g. resident caregiver, secretary, cook, housekeeper, laundress, etc.) to maintain smooth, efficient operation of the Home.
- Assume responsibilities for the daily operation of the Home in the absence of the Director.
- Use donor management software to maintain a database of donors, track contributions, send “thank you” letters to contributors and acknowledgements to donors and families for memorials and gifts.
- Exhibit involvement in Public Relations and Fund-Raising activities.
- Initiate, organize and maintain contacts outside the Home.
- Fill in a care giver volunteer shift when the situation arises of no volunteer or per-diem person available or if an additional person is needed.
- Plan and execute the annual Volunteer Appreciation Dinner.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Director.
Send a cover letter and resume by March 15, 2021 to:
Donna Nielsen, RN, Director
Keuka Comfort Care Home
PO Box 107
Penn Yan, NY 14527
You also may call Donna to inquire about the position at (315) 536-1690 or email firstname.lastname@example.org